Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Mental Fission

I confess that before I started writing this blog, I was unsure of what I wanted to achieve or communicate to the outside world. One thing was sure - I sought mental clarity and security.

I had been changed and I hoped to get to terns with this state using the only means I knew or was comfortable with: language. You may prefer the visual arts, drama or music to attain this aim of going beyond yourself to endow an idea, feeling or emotion with physical property.

In this sense, we act like gods by giving an idea a life of its own. Unfortunately, as with the story of Adam and Eve, our creations by taking a life of their own are and will be subject to the effects of space and time. And even in their material form, the objects unto which we project ourselves are just a representation of an inner state.

I want to make all that clear before I even attempt to talk about where I will take you next. I love language a lot but I also know that words can confuse or distort at the same time they appear to resolve and clear our thoughts.

Finally, I must point out that I approach the next post with a degree of trepidation as there are certain doubts about my realisation that linger on. So, I want to be in the right state of mind to proceed further.

No comments:

Post a Comment