Sunday, June 19, 2011

Homecoming

I spent the last days since I posted my last entry reflecting on how I can convey the significance of this moment in my life. Indeed, it's difficult for me to put into words what I'm going through. I have chained in a way so personal and yet within the reach of every human being if given a chance.

As I was commuting from work back home after another day at the office, I was again reflecting on how to articulate this new outlook on life. I wanted to be authentic and even perfect in my account. During the journey, I perceived that that I had to ask myself why I wanted this post to be impeccable.

In the meantime, I was witnessing through the window: buildings, pavements, shop names, various models of cars and more roads ahead. I had travelled this route so many times that I didn't really notice it. Speeding on, my van driver was hurrying to take me back home.

I realised that, like the van, I had been rushing through life without living the present. I sought home where I thought there was peace and happiness without remembering that I was already home. We strive to lay claim to our individuality that we forget that whoever we are we share a common humanity that defines us.

The homecoming I speak of, thus, is the return to a state of peace and happiness. A moment in life when you find that something makes sense to you. When you need to stop searching and start living. I am aware that the path you may find to achieve homecoming may vary.

Yet, after familiarising myself with its central principles, I felt I've returned home when I got too engage with Tibetan Buddhism. I must be clear that doesn't imply that I have converted to Buddhism as a religion, but rather that I want to embrace and cultivate a Buddhist way of thinking. To gain, as the Dalai Lama put it, a 'new awaren'.

I hope you follow me In my journey exploring the Buddhist way of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment